Being one of the most popular beverages, people drink coffee in order to energize themselves. Your lives are fuelled by coffee. It not only promotes good health but also keeps your illness away. However, coffee gives you other advantages besides just a drink. Scientifically, coffee is good for your skin too as it enhances the skin’s beauty. In fact, it is seen that most of the cosmetic industry use coffee as their major ingredient. Face creams, lotions, scrubs as well as soaps contain coffee in them. Some of the skin benefits of coffee are discussed below.
- Coffee protects your skin against the harmful UV rays of sun. Caffeine has the ability to inhibit the damage due the adverse effects of UV rays.
- Coffee is highly rich in antioxidants which act as a natural defence for your skin. They protect your skin from the harmful damage caused by free radicals.
- Coffee can make your skin smooth and bright. It regulates the growth of new skin cells.
- The anti-inflammatory property of coffee reduces the inflammation as well as reduces and calms the redness of the skin.
Making coffee masks or face packs at home has become easier. Let us have a look.
- Honey and coffee face mask: for this face mask, you need one tablespoon of instant coffee, organic honey and yogurt. Mix all the ingredients properly to get a smooth paste. Before applying it on your face, make sure that you had cleansed your face. Leave the paste for about 15-20 minutes and wash it off with normal water. Use your fingertips to gently massage and remove the mask. This ensures that all the dirt and dead skin cells are removed from the skin. Try to apply this mask at least 2 to 3 times in a week. Combination of coffee and yogurt not only lightens and tightens the skin but also fight against aging. Honey provides nourishment and moisture to your skin.
- Coffee and raw milk: this face mask requires 1 tablespoon of instant coffee and ½ tablespoon of raw milk. Make a spreadable paste by mixing both the ingredients. Apply the paste by massaging on to your face and leave it for 20 minutes. Once it is dry, rinse it off with water. This mixture can be used to exfoliate any dead skin cells. It helps to remove dirt and makes your skin soft and smooth. It also reduces the inflammation of the skin. This mixture can also be used as an eye mask. The coffee eye mask helps to get rid of puffy eyes.
- Coffee and turmeric: to make this face mask, all you need is one tablespoon of instant coffee or ground coffee, one tablespoon of turmeric and one tablespoon of yogurt. Mix them well and apply on to your face. Leave it for 15 minutes. Before washing it off with water, gently massage for 2 minutes. This helps to get rid of dirt and dead skin cells. Try applying this mask for 3-4 times in a week. Turmeric is highly rich in Vitamin C and is used to give a glowing skin by reducing dark spots and patches. Coffee when combined with turmeric and yogurt maintains the firmness of your skin as well as lubricates the skin.
Besides just the face masks, coffee can be used for other skincare routines. For example, coffee can be used as a body scrub. It can also be used as a scalp exfoliator. Coffee makes your lip soft and smooth. You can also prepare body massage oil by mixing coffee and virgin coconut oil.So, check out the deals at DealVoucherz and get coffee of your desired brands.